Thursday 24 November 2011

Things I've discovered at silly o clock...

1) An hour on the phone passes less time than an hour pattern cutting. A fabric minute is a thing on its own. Like a New York minute, it takes up time.

2) Darts don't always make sense. I've seen some strange things in my time on Gods green & pleasant, but the shape of darts on 1950s dress patterns really take the biscuit.

3) Yes, I have successfully made a dress after draping a bodice! It is now a fully functioning garment in sickly pink, emblazoned with Barbies! And I shall wear it with pride.

4) Another success, I can do a beautiful french seam! The only difficulty? Sewing the w/s to w/s seam, turning it inside out and...where the *#@& did my seam go? I found it, eventually.

More to follow, as well as photos of my supereventasaurus night!

Glitter and (sleepy) Kittens,

Stellar xx

No comments:

Post a Comment